We take pride in the presentation and preparation of our charter yachts. We want you to have a great time on the yachts and come back to charter with Sailaway again. We hope too that when you return home, you'll want to share the stories of your cruise and to recommend Sailaway to your friends!
We offer a choice of 8 charter yachts from 35 to 46 ft, each of them available for for hire on a bareboat or skippered charter basis.
All of these yachts are available for skippered or bareboat charter on the west coast of Scotland, for which we ask charterers to confirm they have appropriate qualifications and/or experience. For bareboat yacht charter on our yachts of up to 40ft in the Clyde area - unless you can demonstrate reasonable previous experience/mileage in a similarly sized yacht - we ask that the charter party on each yacht should between them hold at least one RYA day skipper ticket and a VHF operators licence. For the larger yachts, RYA Coastal skipper or equivalent sailing experience, is normally required.
To venture beyond the Clyde - unless you can demonstrate considerable previous experience – we ask that the charter party on each yacht should between them hold at least one RYA coastal skipper or yachtmaster ticket, and a VHF operators licence.
If you have neither qualifications nor experience but would still like to enjoy our beautiful cruising area then that's not a problem - we will be happy to arrange skippered charter for any of these yachts!
For those who may already have their day skipper and/or other certificates but are perhaps a little daunted at the prospect of heading out on their first bareboat yacht charter, we will if you ask us when you book be happy to organise a skipper for say the first day or two of your holiday.
As another option, we are pleased to offer our unique Clyde Flotilla charter, which combines the fun of bareboat charter with the added sociability and comfort of cruising in company with other yachts. Unique, because we think Sailaway may be the only yacht charter company offering flotilla charter sailing on the west coast of Scotland.
However you do it - this is a great place to sail! We will be happy to advise you on the local cruising area and on harbours and anchorages to visit - some suggested routes are in the plan your cruise section.
Largs has great transport links, is easy to get to by road and has great local facilities.
What do our customers say?
Well, we can't guarantee the weather but otherwise we'll do our very best for you. 2016 will be our fifth season as an independent charter operator and here are few of the unsolicited references we've received over the first few years:
"We wanted to write to say how impressed we are with the service we received from your company through the whole process of the Charter.
From the moment of booking the boat where you showed flexibility on dates from your brochure to paying deposits and fees to the relaxed but very professional hand over, the clean and well set up boat, the hand back were all a cut above the normal Charter company. We have been chartering for 25 years plus in many different places and we all agreed this is the best area with the best boats . It just a shame it has taken 25 years to discover it, where else can you go with 25 plus knots of wind sailing at 9 knots with the sea state being slight with beautiful scenery and lots of harbours with wifi. We will be booking next year." (... and they have, for 2016!)
"Aurora was the best equipped yacht i ever chartered. New sails, perfect safety and navigation equipment and even the galley was appropriate to prepare an original bavarian "Schweinsbraten" (roast pork)." Martin Straeten and friends chartered "Aurora" for a week in August 2015.
"We all had a really good time, the boat was comfortable, easy to use, lots of space and really good to sail. We will definitely be going again next year and if possible we would like the same yacht again..." Colin Brown and colleagues are regular Sailaway customers, who enjoyed their long weekend on "Calico Moon" in September 2015.
"Our weekend on Bravado was excellent. The Yacht was fabulous, best we've chartered to date, with absolutely no problems to report. We chartered out of Largs in 2014 for the first time and loved it hence us being back again this year - I can say we'll more than likely be back against next year all being well. Thanks ever so much for a pleasurable yacht charter." Jo-Anne Gibson chartered "Bravado" in September 2015, and her family has returned to book from Sailaway in 2016...
"We had an excellent week out on Zavaria!" Matthew Johnstone chartered Zavaria in September 2015.
"Enjoyed experience with sailaway –best sailing Bavaria yet, your attitude and approach professional but friendly."Robert Murray chartered Avocet in August 2015.
"We had a wonderful time sailing Avocet which is a very responsive and easy boat to sail and manoeuvre under motor. The boat is well equipped and beautifully kept. She is easily sailed by two. There are lovely extra touches internally which makes Avocet feel very much loved and comfortable. She is also well equipped and maintained on deck.......Thank you so much for your friendly and professional support. We would have no hesitation in chartering her again...." Neil and Catriona Menzies enjoyed their cruise on "Avocet", in September 2014.
- "Hi Wilson, we had a wonderful time.... the boat overall was in lovely condition. Great trip. We look forward to sailing with you again! " Stephen Hall chartered "Bravado" in June 2014
- “Everyone in the crew was hugely impressed with Avocet and Sailaway’s professionalism that all were more than happy to book for next year. Thank you.” Neil McEvoy and friends chartered “Avocet” in September 2013, and are returning in strength to charter “Bravado” for a week in 2014!
- "I can only say that your organization of our cruise went like clockwork and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.I will have no hesitation in recommending you and Sailaway Scotland to anyone looking for a friendly and competent charter company." Colin Service and friends enjoyed a 2 week skippered charter on one of our Oceanis 461 yachts, in August 2013
- "We all had a good time and were debating a longer sail next year. We were extremely lucky to see basking sharks, a whale plus seals and porpoises, what a wonderful area for sea life.
"Thanks Wilson, the service and support you add is much appreciated." Stuart Durham, for whom we organised his second Sailaway bareboat charter - on "Avocet" in September 2013
- "Can't think of anything that would make me hesitate about booking with you again, the whole process was very simple and the result was lovely." Norm Robins and his brothers enjoyed a skippered sailing break on "Zavaria"in September 2013
- "We had a great week! The Firth of Clyde will definately be on top of our list from now on, especially Tarbert, despite the weather being very Scottiness." Chris Jager and friends from Holland, had a great week's sailing charter with Sailaway in July 2013
- "Thank you again for your friendly and professional support and service that enabled our memorable sailing experience.... We wish you all the best for your charter business and will definitely consider charter a yacht again this summer." Rainer Herbert of Aberdeenshire, took his family sailing on "Avocet" for a week - and they then returned to charter her again, for another week, 3 months later!